Saturday, February 13, 2016

THE CONSEQUENCES OF LOVE (2004, ITALY)

FILMS FROM THE 21st CENTURY
(Post 35 of 50)

Some quick takes on the most relatively recent listings from the
1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die list


I really got drawn into this movie quickly. Well dressed Titta spends all his life hanging around a hotel seeming to do very little other than try not to form attachments. It reminded me of the Five Characters in Search of an Exit episode from The Twilight Zone. Maybe Titta has no idea where he is. Maybe he is in an alternate reality? Maybe he's in hell?

Nothing so outrageous as it turns out. I was actually disappointed when I found out why he was living the life he lived, but I eventually got into that story too. At least the more realistic part of my brain did. Alternate reality...how silly of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment