Saturday, January 19, 2013

BABETTE'S FEAST (1987, DENMARK)



80’s movies I forgot to watch the first time around month Post #6

Babette’s Feast

Why haven’t I seen it before?
It certainly got good reviews when it came out. It was also studied quite often (at least the Isak Dinesen short story) at the college library where I worked. It became one of those “I’ll see it eventually movies” that I never got around to seeing.

After viewing: This is a film that starts very slowly. It is about as far to the opposite side of the adrenaline scale from an Indiana Jones movie as you could possibly get and I did have a little trouble getting into the story intially. But I think if the viewer reamins patient, and waits for the servings to come out, Babette's Feast really does beat the hell out of the standard Hollywood burgers and fries.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this one a lot. Mostly, I love that reveal at the end--such a fantastic moment of film.

    ReplyDelete